Tuscany lately is considered as a new eco-friendly destination of Italy. Let’s see why. Each year Legambiente (eng. League for the Environment) association assigns the ecotourism Oscars to the tourist accommodations that meet the requirements of eco-sustainability. The network of Legambiente Turismo includes all forms of accommodation: relais, lodges, B&B, agritourism, country houses, organic farms, huts, “widespread” hotels, environmental education centers and even bathing establishments, sports centers, restaurants, camping, holiday resorts and even an astronomical observatory. This year according to the number of Oscars Tuscany is an eco-friendly destination.
Legambiente has evaluated more than 400 Italian hotels, assigning scores for many criteria and choosing the best structures for this year. Every year the association carries out the survey to release the Legambiente Turismo Bellezza Natura label and 41 companies have successfully passed the inspections.
The award is divided into six categories: Excellent Environmental Management, Climate Friendly, Organic Ambassadors, Social Commitment, Best Collective Experience and the one dedicated to the Decalogue, which summarizes the key best practices on waste, water, power, environmental education, cultural promotion, food and social commitment.
Among the award-winning facilities, seven are located in Tuscany, an eco-friendly destination, and so the region is the most award-winning in Italy. Let’s now reveal the names of the winning accommodations located in Tuscany:
• Excellent Environmental Management: Orbetello Camping Village – Orbetello (GR), Bagno Eugenia – Lido di Camaiore (LU).
• Climate Friendly: Podere Scopicciolo – Casole d’Elsa – Volterra (PI)
• Organic Ambassadors: Il Duchesco farm- Alberese (GR);
• Decalogue: Promotion of natural and cultural heritage Albergo Pietrasanta – Pietrasanta (LU);
• Environmental Education: Bio B&B La Fanciullaccia – Santo Pietro Belvedere (PI)
• Best collective experience: Eco Hotels Elba Island group
Text (c) www.turismo.intoscana.it