Today’s on our weekly chapter of Italian Recipes we offer you to try authentic italian recipe of green beans in a tomato sauce.
• 500g fresh green beans, topped and tailed
• 20 large, ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 carrots
• 1 onion
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Vegetable stock
• 8 leaves fresh basil
• Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half.
• Chop the carrots and the onion very finely and put in a heavy-based frying pan in the cold oil.
• Put the pan over the heat and when the garlic and onion start to sizzle, add the tomatoes.
• Cook for about 5 minutes and add the green beans. Season with salt and cover.
• Cook for about 30-40 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
• If the beans are getting too dry add some vegetable stock.
• At the very end add the basil leaves, torn into pieces.