Today on our weekly chapter of Italian Recipes we offer you to try authentic italian recipe of Porcini Sauce for Pasta. Fresh porcini are wonderfully aromatic and just melt in your mouth. Unfortunately, it is increasingly difficult to find local porcini mushrooms in Italy, due to the loss of the woodlands where mushrooms naturally grow. Although the best local restaurants still forage for mushrooms locally, most are now imported from Eastern Europe.
• 300 g porcini mushrooms
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• small bunch parsley, stalks removed
• 30 g butter
• Salt, pepper, olive oil
• Clean the mushrooms by peeling off the very dirty part and rubbing with a damp paper towel.
• Chop the mushrooms into small cubes.
• Chop the parsley and garlic finely.
• Stir-fry the mushrooms in a olive oil for about 2 minutes, until they are slightly softened.
• Add the parsley and garlic and continue cooking for a further minute. Switch off the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
• When you toss with the pasta, add the butter and parmesan cheese.