Today on our weekly chapter of Italian Recipes we offer you to try authentic italian recipe of fresh small potatoes in red wine. Fresh small potatoes in red wine (italian: Patate novelle al vino rosso) is a rustic and tasty dish, suitable to accompany grilled or roasted meats and main robust dishes. The potatoes are blanched in boiling water for a few minutes and then stewed together with shallots, and flavored with red wine, sage and pepper, a few ingredients for a very good and tasty side dish.
• 700 gr small fresh potatoes
• 4 shallot
• 200 ml red wine
• 5-6 sage leaves
• 60 gr butter
• Pepper, salt
• Started with washing well the potatoes, and put them for a few minutes in a pan of boiling salted water, until the inside of the potatoes is tender, then drain well.
• Cut the shallots in chunks, put the butter in a large pan to melt, add the shallots and let them brown well, then pour a half of the red wine and let it evaporate.
• Add the potatoes and sage leaves and fry all together.
• Stir well to mix the ingredients and add the remaining wine.
• Finish to cook the potatoes, add black pepper.
• Serve the fresh small potatoes still hot!
Photo credits: www.giallozafferano.it