Ingredients (4 persons):
• 500 g long pasta (spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine)
• 500 g medium shrimp with shells
• 4 large cloves garlic
• 2 large lemons
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Salt & Pepper
• Chopped fresh parsley
• Remove the shells from the shrimp.
• In a small casserole or bowl, add the shrimp, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
• Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and heat a frying pan to high heat.
• Cook the shrimp, turning once until pink in color and cooked through, about 5 minutes total cooking time, then set aside.
• Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then cook the pasta until it is “al dente”.
• Drain the pasta, mix with the shrimp, butter, and parsley. Put the pan on a heat and leave for 2 minutes.
• Toss the pasta well and serve in individual bowls till hot. Buon appetito!
Inspiration and photo: www.italianfoodforever.com