Today on our weekly chapter of Italian Recipes we offer you to try authentic italian recipe of real italian tomato sauce. The fresh tomato and basil sauce (italian: salsa) is the typical for mediterranean cuisine, simple and tasty, even more so if done in the period of July-August, when the tomatoes are tasty and fragrant. To prepare the fresh tomato sauce you can buy a bunch of red tomatoes. Remember to choose the freshest tomatoes, ripe but firm and free of blemishes. The fresh tomato and basil sauce can be used for various types of pasta or pizza.
• 1,2 kg fresh tomatoes
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 leaves fresh basil
• 1 large garlic clove, crushed
• Salt and ground pepper to taste
• When you purchase the tomatoes for sauce, check them one by one, removing faults. Wash them very well, then dry them. Cut each tomato into two halves and remove the green part of the petiole.
• Squeeze in a bowl all halves of tomato that protrude all the seeds.
• Put the tomatoes in a stainless steel pot, add crushed garlic and leave it on low heat; cook the tomatoes, turning them occasionally, until they are limp and mushy.
• At this point past the tomatoes with the blender. Put the tomatoes pour in a stainless steel and leave on the high heat. Add salt and oil and let it to evaporate until the desired density, then turn off the heat and add the basil coarsely chopped by hand.
Photo credits: www.giallozafferano.it